Is it necessary to get Vietnam visa? It depends on the length of your staying in Vietnam. For South Korean citizens, if your staying is less than 15 day, you do not need to apply for a visa, but if your trip to Vietnam is longer than 15 days, then Vietnam visa will be a must.
How to obtain a Vietnam visa for Korean citizens and residents?
There are two main options you can choose to get a Vietnam visa in Korea.
Apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy in Seoul
You can visit the Vietnam Embassy in South Korea to apply for your visa. If you choose this option, here is some information you should know:
- Processing time: 4 to 5 working days.
- Required documents: original passport, cash as visa fee (depending on your visa type) and 1 envelope with stamp on it and your exact home address, phone number.
Vietnam Embassy in South Korea
Address: 28-58, Samchong-Dong, Chongno-Ku, 110-230, Seoul, South Korea.
Phone: (822) 739 2065
Fax: (822) 739 2064;
Email: vnds[email protected]
Consular telephone: (822) 734 7948
Apply for Vietnam Visa Online
This is also called Visa On Arrival. This option is preferred by citizens who live far from Vietnam Embassy or those who travel by air to 1 of the 5 Vietnam international airports in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Da Nang, Hai Phong and Khanh Hoa. The online application method is highly recommended because of the following reasons:
- Processing days: 1 to 2 working days in normal cases; in urgent cases, you can even ask to get your visa in 2 to 4 hours.
- Required documents: No documents required.
- How to apply online: via Vietnam Immigration Department. You can contact an authorized travel agency, such as Vietnam-visa.com and fill in their online application form. After 2 working days (for normal cases) or just 1 working day (in urgent cases), you will receive the Vietnam visa approval letter. After that, print out this letter, bring it along with your passport, 2 photos, stamping fee and you will get visa stamped at Vietnam arrival airport.
- The total cost will consist of 2 items: service fee and stamping fee. In which, service fee is paid for Vietnam-visa.com, another one is paid for immigration official at your arrival airport. (Please check here for further information on service fee: https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-fees/
Before applying for Vietnam Visa On Arrival, please be informed that:
- Your passport needs to have at least 6 months of validity and one blank page left.
- Vietnam visa on arrival is only applied to people who travel to Vietnam by air.